- “The morning wind spreads its fresh smell.
We must get up and take that in,
that wind that lets us live.
Breathe before it’s gone.”
- —Rumi (Coleman Barks, translator)
- Jennifer’s lifelong immersion in dance and movement studies led her to an early appreciation for the power of touch. After an injury in 1997, and ineffective care from allopathic approaches, she experienced profound healing through receiving massage and craniosacral therapy. This eventually led her to certification as a massage therapist and health educator at the National Holistic Institute in 2000.
- She has subsequently studied Craniosacral Therapy with the Upledger Institute and Myofascial Release with John F. Barnes. She has also studied Traditional Thai Massage in Chiang Mai, Thailand, at the Shivakagomaraphat School as well as under master teacher Pichet Boonthamme.
- She holds a BA in American Studies from Smith College and MA in Creative Inquiry/Interdisciplinary Performance from New College of California. She received her yoga teacher certification at The Mindful Body in San Francisco, and is a registered teacher with Yoga Alliance.
- In addition to her bodywork practice, she is also an active dance and theater performer.